Dear sweet manufacturers,
No one cuts the top off their bag of sweets in the way that people apparently do in your advertisements.
Le Poulet Noir
Is it, though? I’ve heard the police, and it was definitely more: “Mee-maw, mee-maw.”
Now I think about it, that was probably the police car rather than the police themselves. I suggest to KRS-One, if that’s his real name, that he revise his song to one of the following:
1. Would you mind breathing into this bag, sir? That’s the sound of the police.
2. ‘Ello, ‘ello, ‘ello, that’s the sound of the police.
3. We are appealing for witnesses to come forward, that’s the sound of the police.
4. A 32-year-old man is helping us with our inquiries, that’s the sound of the police.
5. You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something that you later rely on in court, that’s the sound of the police.